Korean Made Easy By Chris Backe
K o r e a n . M a d e . E a s y
The NO-BS guide to learning what you really need to know.
129 Page | 20,000+ Word | 5MB PDF
Coming to Korea?
- Want to teach English in Korea?
- Want to do business in Korea and really understand the way they think?
- Want to chat with a cute / handsome Korean at the club?
- Want to do more than just order a beer or stumble around the major tourist destinations?
It’s time to LEARN KOREAN.
Click below if you are ready, or keep reading to learn more.
“But I HATE learning languages!”
I can understand that – it takes too long, there’s too much to learn, or whatever. This e-book will give you several hundred words and phrases you’re definitely going to use. Everything from ordering a beer to telling the doctor where it hurts is here – and logically organized to help you find things later on.
Hi, I’m Chris Backe.
I’m an English teacher living in Seoul, South Korea. When I first moved to Korea, I wasn’t sure I’d ever pick up the language. Why? Every book that taught you Korean did the same thing: they spent like five seconds on the basic parts of the language, then jumped right into full phrases and lecturing about boring points of grammar. Did you really enjoy conjugating verbs in high school? Yawn.
Sure, I ended up learning Korean – and I realized there was an easier way: let’s learn the stuff you’re actually going to use. You will never need to know the phrase ‘I am wearing a green sweater’, so why learn it? You WILL use the phrase ‘Where is the bathroom?’, so you WILL learn that one. It’s that simple. That’s the whole idea here – learn the Korean you’re actually going to use while in Korea.
Here’s the strategy: we’re going to use words and phrases, not dialogues. We’ll going to pair up the words and phrases you’re going to use, show you what it looks like in Korean, then show you how to say it in simple English syllables. It’s as simple as that. Write it on flashcards, say it over and over again until your brain hurts, practice with your significant other, whatever. These are the tools – use them in whatever way works for you.
This e-book is not a dictionary.
It is written specifically for people living in Korea. Whether you’re coming to teach English, serve in the military, work as a businessperson, this is for you. If you’re coming as a tourist, this’ll still help you – but it’s mainly geared towards people who will be around for awhile.
You’ll start with hangeul, the Korean alphabet. You’ll learn the letters, how to put them together to make syllables, and how to make sounds with them. We’ll look at some real world examples – signs from around Korea. Later on, we’ll talk about everything from Korean alcohol to getting off the beaten path.
The biggest difference between this e-book and others: no fancy language terms like ‘fricative’ or ‘nasal consonant’ at you. We’re going to keep this so simple, even a ten-year-old can keep up.
So what else are we going to talk about?
- Getting the pronunciation right – the locals are picky about this.
- About formalities and honorifics – a big deal in this historically-Confucian-based society.
- Getting to know people – everyone from co-workers to your students.
- The holidays Korea really celebrates – including the ones you WON’T find on most calendars.
- Eating – with a special section for vegetarians and those with allergies.
- Korean alcohol – some of the most potent stuff around.
- Curses – the words and phrases that’ll make the old people blush.
- Handling your students (if you’re an English teacher).
- Talking to your boss and co-workers (using the formal tense)
- Traveling around Korea – how to read the maps, get help, and get around without a guidebook.
- What to say when you feel like crap.
- Korean expressions and slang – stuff some locals have never heard from a foreigner’s mouth.
And plenty more.
All this comes to you from a native English speaker, living in Korea, who has worked with Koreans on a daily basis for years. The book has been proofread and edited by a professional native Korean editor – that’s as good as you can get.
So what are you waiting for? Stop messing around, get it now, and START SPEAKING KOREAN.
Buy it Now For Only
Special Introductory Price $7.99
Still not sure this ebook is worth it? Have more questions before making the plunge? Feel free to contact us with any questions. Talk to you soon. [contact-form 1 "Contact"]
Have a website? Want to make some money and let your readers know about this great resource? Join our affiliate program here.